Delhi to attraction are dominated by ancient monuments, mosques, and forts. No doubt, places like Qutub Minar and India Gate are mesmerizing, must-visit places. But once you’ve seen the tried-and-true in India’s capital city, what’s next? Here are some offbeat things to do in Delhi!
1. Sightseeing When it comes to sightseeing, Delhi provides various scope as it hosts various monuments of historical importance, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, memorials, beautiful temples, exotic gardens, and amazing government buildings. Those visiting Delhi make it a point to visit the world famous Qutub Minar, Red Fort, India Gate, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple, the Parliament House, Delhi High Court, Hauz Khas Complex and many more. These dot the city beautifully and have successfully caused Delhi to become one of the most sought after tourist destinations in India. One can capture very good snapshots of these monuments and can also go about gathering information and knowledge about their history.
2. Shopping Delhi has a lot of markets and malls which have been the favorite shopping haunts of locals and also foreign nationals. The local markets like Janpath, Sarojini market, Karol Bagh, Lajpat Market, etc. offer fashionable clothes and footwear at cheaper rates. Youngsters with a low budget and good taste of trend, crave to shop from these local markets. Delhi is popular for the junk jewelry that is available in almost every market (prices differ greatly in some markets). These can be used to accessorize any of your looks.
3 . Visiting Art Galleries and Museums
There are numerous famous workmanship displays in Delhi which are incredibly respected by craftsmanship sweethearts. Additionally galleries, for example, the Rail historical center, National Science Museum, National Museum and numerous others delineate the astonishing Indian history in their individual fields. There are a few galleries committed to renowned identities and prevalent political pioneers like Indira Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi and so forth. You can see their own assets and furthermore become acquainted with about their belief system by visiting in these galleries.
4 . Going to Famous Events and Fests
Delhi’s occasions and fests are the not-to-miss issues. One can visit a progressing occasion in Dilli Haat or a social fest in a hall. There are shows being facilitated in preferences of spots, for example, India Habitat Center, India International Center and so forth which can be of huge enthusiasm to the ones on a post for an alternate sort of an affair. Do visit Delhi amid the season of celebrations like Lohri, Holi and Diwali which are the significant celebrations celebrated in Delhi.
Get spread with the colours to know the custom and tradition of these celebrations being a pat of it. Moreover, the city watches the national celebrations, for example, Independence Day and Republic Day, which ends up vivid with social projects, marches and shows. These celebrations are praised with much eagerness, which sprinkle bliss and happiness over the city .
5. Take a rickshaw tour of Chandni Chowk
Chandni Chowk, deciphered as Moonlight road is the business heart of Old Delhi.
One of the most established markets of India, its little limited paths are a colony of action from sunrise, offering at a bargain each item you can envision of under the sun.
The most ideal approach to avoid escaping in the mass of humankind which gathers here is to take a restful visit by cycle rickshaw.
The rickshaw driver bends over as a nearby guide and joyfully gives indispensable contributions on everything, including spots to eat, shop and visit. To perceive how the genuine Delhi endures, a visit to Chandni Chowk ought to be high on each visitor’s plan.
6.food at Paranthe Wali Gali
This limited and well known road of Chandni Chowk, is home to probably the most lip-smacking paranthas, or broiled bread. The formulas offered by a portion of the slows down are said to be ages old.
The back streets are stuffed with people at most occasions of the day, with the smell of oil and nourishment filling the climate all around.
Diverse sorts of glues and chutneys do the rounds with the primary course. The clamor of the retailers, calling for clients, fills the air as individuals jar with one another to refill their plates for increasingly more of the delectable contributions.
This can be a significant sight in itself regardless of whether you need to skirt the slick stuffed Indian level breads.
7.Night Life In Delhi
Delhi is referred to for its beautiful nightlife as it has numerous clubs, bars, bars and discotheque. The individuals who love to invest hours hanging out around evening time, can visit the DJinn’s, Sahara, Rodeo, Mirage, Gold Regency, Elevate, Chandni Bar, Shalom, Rick’s, Suede, Pegasus Bar, DV8, Turquoise Cottage and Polo Lounge.
The only trouble is, most of us don’t know where the hidden party places and chilling zones are in the city or what they have to offer! And guys, that’s not where it ends. There are spots for photography, stargazing, ghost walks and so much more! Lets put together for you a complete synopsis of the rockingnightlife in Delhithat can help you the next time you venture out into the dark streets of the city.
There are many club nd lounges where u can enjoy , AGNI, KITTY SU , RASSTA
FOR Night walk u can go INDIA GATE
FOR Ghost walk u can go Feroz Shah Kotla Fort ,Karbala Graveyard
Sunrise Spots In Delhi For An Eye-Warming End To Your Night Out
Aravalli Biodiversity Park
PLACES FOR GAMES BluO , MONKEY BAR
8.Enjoy budget street shopping at Sarojini Nagar Market
There is not really a PERSON who RESIDE in or around Delhi or even abroad, who has not found out about the acclaimed road market of Sarojini Nagar. An eating and shopping heaven tossed in one, a visit to Sarojini Nagar showcase is over everybody’s container list.
On the off chance that you are searching for BARGAIN deals or in TRENDY shops, this market takes into account most spending plans, particularly the low dimension ones. The paths are stuffed with vendors moving BAGS SHOES ACCESSORIES, garments, dresses all at a value which will make you SMILE ALL THE WAY to the bank.
Shops moving divine indulgences line one end of the market, with decisions which will make you return for MORE
9.Grab a Bargain at Sunday Book Market
Sunday book advertise on the asphalts of Old Delhi is an occasion energetically foreseen by all bargain seekers. So popular it has been throughout the decades, that there is not really any individual who has not visited this popular bazaar at any rate once.
This mile long treat for book sweethearts has everything on any theme under the sun. Books of fiction, word references, maps, books, craftsmanship and innovation are altogether covered up under the clogged heaps on the asphalt.
To get the best gives, it is prudent to set out as ahead of schedule as could be expected under the circumstances. While getting a book of your decision may require some diligent work, the incredibly low cost will be certainly justified of your effort
10. Know Indian Culture & Tradition at Dilli Haat
The Dillihaat is an open air craft bazaar cum food plaza situated in Delhi, run by Delhi tourism and transportation development corporation (DTTDC). Craftsmen from all states of India display their wares here and a wide variety of handicrafts are available.
Some of the things that you can pick up from Dilli Haat are hand painted paper mache products like bangles, jewelry boxes and trays , which certainly makes for great buys. Shawls, stoles and scarves in silk and cotton are popular item too. Dilli Haat is much more than just a place where you go to buy traditional handicrafts.
11. Delhi Metro If you are in Delhi then do take a ride on Delhi Metro. It is the safest, quickest and convenient mode of transport in Delhi NCR. The most developed transportation facility of the city helps you to reach different part of the city and its nearest region. People traveling through metro can enjoy a hassle free journey.
12. SEE DELHI STREET PLAY & MANY MORE THINGS U CAN DO IN DELHI I WILL TELL U IN MY NEXT BLOG